Sunday, October 27, 2013

October 27th 2013: Unadjusted vs. adjusted charts

This morning, I woke up and I had this dreadful feeling that I posted the "adjusted" chart of SPLV and not the "unadjusted" chart.  (Does this ever happen to you?)  In case you are not familiar, unlike most charting programs, stockcharts corrects for dividends, splits, etc. in their standard charts.  For stocks that are dividend-heavy, this can make a big difference in their longer-term charts.  There is a vigorous debate over which format is the "most correct".  For most of my work, I don't care either way.

However, in this case, I feel like the "unadjusted" chart is more accurate albeit somewhat less compelling.  The song remains the same:  watch the low-vol ETF to determine if the rotation away from high-beta is happening or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment